Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Mug FULL of Love!

So today Chris and I were lazy.
I mean really lazy. We spent an extra 2 hours in bed this morning, barely made ourselves breakfast, just laid on the couch and watched TV. After rounding up the motivation to actually get up, get dressed, and go out to lunch, (we went to Panera, it was drool-worthy) we decided we needed to do something fun.

I've been on my Pinterest more and more these past few months because, its the "holiday season" and lets be honest, everybody wants to be that crafty person that sends out homemade gifts to everybody, and saves a bunch of money by doing it! 

I pinned so much Christmas crap. I don't even like Christmas except for the day of! I didn't do A SINGLE PROJECT I pinned.... I'm so ashamed!

So Today Chris and I decided we wanted to be crafty and make each other decorated mugs!! 

It's super easy & ours turned out really cute! I actually cried when he showed me the one he made, apparently my hormones are through the roof!



What you need:
  • Oven
  • Ceramic mug, cup or plate, whatever you want to decorate (you can find them at Dollar Tree, or a bargain store, we got ours at Big Lots!)
  • Sharpies!
  • A little bit of creativity
 What you do:

Draw, write, decorate anywhere you want on the mug, other than than the inside!! (I'm not sure if its safe!)  Chris and I didn't really decide on a theme or anything we just went at them!

When  you're done, just pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, I put ours on a cookie sheet!

WAHLA! or VOILA! if you want to be gramatically correct about it!

You now have, custom mugs! They are dishwasher and microwave safe and the color shouldn't fade or wear off anymore than a regular cup would!

Here's how ours turned out! :]


So this ^^ is the mug I made Chris, I was aiming for cute, and sentimental, I left the personal stuff out!


So this is the mug Chris made me! I think his is better than mine because its covered in  a bunch of stuff that's relevant to what we've been doing the last couple months. I cried when he gave it to me! As you can tell I may or may not have a twitter problem, as you can tell by him including my @ name and the # hashtag descriptions. ;]



I love how Chris wrote all over mine! And its all things that have been relevant to us recently! I tried to mix my almost artistic skills with writing! Chris said, AND I QUOTE "That was way more fun than I thought it would be!" And we basically decided that from now on every Year anniversary we're going to make each other mugs! So when we're old and decrepit & living off tea and cakes together we can reminisce on our Golden Days as a couple, through the mugs we made each other!

Along with anniversary gifts, these would make great presents for grandparents from grandkids, Christmas Presents or a fun birthday party activity!

Did you make mugs with your Significant Other or Children after reading this? How did they turn out!
Have you done another Pinterest Project with your SO that you'd like to share?




3 comments:

  1. I've tried doing this before... and the Sharpie wiped off after I baked it. Blerg. I will have to try again with your directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The customized logo mugs have come up with amazing new designs and branded logos for swift marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above post described all top promotional logo items for easy popularity and fame of company.

    ReplyDelete